Manor Room Frequently Asked Questions
The door will be unlocked for you either before or at the time of your booking. Access will be available 30 minutes before your booking time only if requested and the Room is not otherwise in use. At the end of your booking the catch on the door should be dropped to lock access once the door is closed. The alarm will be set later. The side door onto the road, if used, should be closed and locked before departure, along with any windows that have been opened.
The Manor Room is licensed for a maximum capacity of 50 people seated or 75 buffet style, excluding any catering or serving personnel.
The dimensions of the main area are:- 10.7 metres long, by 6.17 metres wide by 10.7 metres high. This excludes the kitchen, hallway and toilet areas.
There is no dedicated car park, but on-street parking is available in and around the Manor Room. Please note that you and your guests must not obstruct any entrance or driveway or where traffic cones have been placed and cars should not be parked on verges where stones have been placed.
Yes, lightly patterned, vinyl oilcloth, wipe down tablecloths are available at no additional cost. Tablecloths must be wiped down with a damp cloth after your event.
The fully equipped modern kitchen includes:
- An up-to-date electric range with a double oven and large induction hob
- Large fridge/freezer
- 10 place dishwasher (please empty after use)
- Large catering teapots and two filter coffee percolators (please bring your own filters)
- Instant, automatically refilling, hot water boiler for hot drinks
- Full range of crockery, cutlery and glassware
Please bring your own scissors, large knives and any serving spoons that you may require.
Please bring your own tea towels, dishcloths and washing up liquid.
The Room is all on one level with no steps or slopes. The toilets are equipped for disabled use
There is a baby changing facility in one of the toilets
There is a full AV system, compatible with laptops and mobile phones, with surround sound, and connected via wire or Bluetooth. In addition, there is a ceiling mounted projector compatible with a laptop via an HDMI connection, and a remote controlled, drop down screen.
The AV system and projector are available for an additional fee. See price list for details.
Yes, WiFi is available free of charge and the password/QR code is displayed in the Room
The Room has both ceiling and wall lights, all of which are fully dimmable. There is also an illuminated disco ball in the centre of the ceiling. There is underfloor heating as well as four wall heaters and there are heaters in the hallway and toilets
Yes, although if the Room is hired and music is played specifically for an activity involving paying guests then a fee of £3 is payable
The consumption of alcohol provided free at a private event is permitted, but the sale of alcohol is prohibited unless an event licence has been obtained from the local Council
The Green is privately owned by residents in the Manor House and is not currently available for hire/use without the express permission of the owners
The Room must be cleaned afterwards, including sweeping the floors and wiping down kitchen surfaces.
If you would like our cleaner to give a more thorough clean, this can be booked on the booking form. Please see the price list.
If we are obliged to arrange for the Room to be cleaned after your event, then the cost will be deducted from your room deposit
It is a condition of use of the Room that you take your rubbish away with you after your event unless general rubbish or bottles will fit in the bins outside.
No rubbish is to be left in bags alongside the bins or in/alongside the Manor Room
No, please provide your own tea towels, dishcloths and washing up liquid
No, but there are various local caterers who have provided a service in the Room in the past. The kitchen facilities are available for their/your use
There are two virtually silent circulating fans on the ceiling operated by two remote controls. If used, please switch off after use.
There are two windows overlooking the rear of the building which can be opened (and closed after your event)
All events must finish at the time that you have specified on the booking form and in any case no later than midnight.
Please be considerate to our neighbours, especially when leaving the premises late at night
- Payment of the full booking fee or a non-refundable deposit (minimum 10% of full booking fee) must be made at the time of booking.
- Bookings remain provisional until the full amount is paid. If the date of booking is within 4 weeks of the event, then the full amount must be paid at the time of booking.
- If a deposit is paid, then the full balance (including the £100 returnable bond) must be paid no later than 4 weeks before the event. If full payment is not received at least 4 weeks prior to the event, the provisional booking will be cancelled without further notice.
- Preferred means of payment is by Bank Transfer, but payment can also be by cash / cheque (sent to TMRT, Lime Tree Cottage, Teversal Village, NG17 3JN), or card (by telephoning 07976826293).
- The refundable bond will be repaid after the Room has been checked following the booking. In the unlikely situation that any additional costs are incurred by TMRT as a result of the booking (e.g. additional cleaning, repairs, etc.), these will be deducted from the bond.
- If full payment is not received at least 4 weeks prior to the event date, the booking will be cancelled without further notice.
- In the event of cancellation before the full booking fee has been paid, the deposit is not refundable unless exceptional circumstances prevail, at the sole discretion of TMRT.
- In the event of cancellation after the full booking fee has been paid, then only the refundable bond plus any AV and cleaning costs (if paid) will be refunded unless exceptional circumstances prevail, at the sole discretion of TMRT.
Provided all the Manor Room conditions have been complied with and the Room is left clean and tidy with no breakages, etc, the Bond will be refunded by bank transfer as soon after the event as possible